Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Finding a good machine shop?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

All I need is a final hone and a balance. I don't know why this shop freaked out when I brought them a block with a rough bore. I had the block machined sixth months ago by someone else. It was decked to 9.005 because they won't go .000, aligned honed, rough bored .030, lifters bores were indexed, baked and shot peened. I decided on a 383 and the shop that originally did the work refuses to use the part's I want to use. They say that combination won't last two years. I say I don't care, they say we do! They tell me to go get more money and come back with $2500 min. I said, I'm leaving but I'm not coming back. A shop has to work within the means of your budget. I don't need a forged crank and JE pistons. Or H-beam rods.

Well, I take such block to a different shop and they say it'll be a few days. I call them in three, still not done, I call in three more, they don't know where my part's are, they lost $1800 dollars worth or rotating parts! instead of telling me that, they hide it from me and tell me the guy working on it isn't in the shop at the moment. I heard them in the back ground say no one has seen it for a few days!! I waited three more and called them back and they say it'll be next week.

My point to this rant here is...I guess I don't have one! haha I hate the shops around here. Really. They do good work. I always check it myself and it's alway true and square. But why do they have such serious lack of customer service?