Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Finding A short?
View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2013, 10:19 PM
27Tall T 27Tall T is offline
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 399
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 398
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Sorry to take so long getting back to the problem, but the car was at the upholsters for a few days. My problem is now really getting me confused. I hooked up the meter between the ground and the disconnected battery cable. I get a reading of 10.69 volts whereupon I removed the fuse that gives power to the power windows and their switches. My reading is now 12.65 volts. Great! I disconnected the meter, replaced the fuse and hooked up the battery cable and noticed a slight spark. What gives now? Hooked up the meter to the now disconnected battery cable and now have a reading of 12.69 volts!!!! No 10.69 volts!!! Has it healed itself? Not by a long shot. Temporarily removed the meter and immediately hooked it up again. 10.69 volts again. What am I missing here? Why does it read 12.65 volts one minute and then 10.69 volts the next? This happens each time I disconnect the meter. Something is intermittently drawing this voltage and I can't figure out what it is. The radio face plate has been removed and so I don't believe that it is drawing power.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 27Tall T For This Useful Post:
dogwater (05-13-2013)