Well the short has proven to be a draw. Couldn't find an ammeter in my junk parts, but did find a test light. When used in series with the battery cable, the bulb lights up dimly. Pulled the power window fuse and the light is still dim. Pulled the radio fuse and no more light. It seems that the power window switches and the radio are the parasitic draw and not the short that I thought I had. And so the question I have for the "EOD Guy" is where would I cut the wire and place it into the relay circuit. The wiring is literally buried under the dash and resembles a spaghetti dish at a fine restaurant, which means it will be difficult.