Finding someone - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 01:39 AM

Last journal entry:
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Finding someone

Being an 18, I am fed up with not being able to find a girl right for me.

While 18 might sound young, I am honestly exhausted of not finding anybody and it just feels like my life is slipping away. I can say that this is causing 90% of my depression

I'm not a bad looking guy, I have a great body, great personality... I am at a total loss to why I am single. I know there isn't a special trick you have to do, but I have to be the most unluckiest guy in the world.

Basicly, I posted because I wanted to know from you guys out there, how and where have you found that perfect girl? It's like no one in the world is my type... if I even have a type at all.

Also, stories are great too. If you have anything to share or ask, please do.

I just really feel empty inside. A big chunk of my life is missing.

What is going on.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Quote:
I'm not a bad looking guy, I have a great body, great personality
Let us be the judge of that!!!!! Don't push it. When the time is right it will happen. And if you think your life is slippin' away, just ask someone in their 60's, 70's 80's and 90's how fast it is slipping. You ain't even off the starting line yet.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:46 AM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Self loathing sure is not going to help you out. Straighten up and get some dignity,not trying to be harsh,but get some nutz,some confidence,and let everyone see it. The last thing to get depressed over is a girl not being with you. Whether you want to hear it again,you are young. Hell,you can not even got to the bars yet,where the real trashy women hang out.All you have at that age is what is in your school,or else the skating rink. It will come full circle,concentrate on what you must,like,money(chicks LOVE money),car,things like that,hell,you will be so busy it will not matter. Make yourself known,get out to all the spots,throw some comedy around,make people laugh.Once you get your face out there,it will fall in place.

I was out the other day in my car,going to work,and this Jeep CJ with the top off,from Arizona comes up beside me,three Beautiful girls,and when I say girls I mean 18 or 19,they started whistling at me and all the stuff that my wife does not do.For a second I thought they were feeling sorry for this older man. Then I came to the conclusion that I am one damn good looking guy.

Just joking,my wife does whistle and whoop around me, I am THE MAN !!!!

Last edited by RCastle; 07-17-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:25 AM

Last photo:

the real trashy women hang out.. [/QUOTE]

Only for research fo course but where would this be???
Old 07-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Trade secret,if you plan on coming to LOU for a "Buisness Meeting" let me know in advance.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Alright bro, I guess I should try to be a motivational speaker.
::insert chris farley impression here::
Ok My name is Matt Foley, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER! So you gots a problem with some little girlies. WHOOP DE FRIGGIN DOO! You need a little self confidence, and don't be so down on yourself. Because beleive me, if don't have this, you will never get the girl of your dreams, and start living in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!
::stop insanity, back to normal::

Hey ron, don't you just love it when girls flock around you car, I sure do. Of course its better for me since Im not married.

Brad
Old 07-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GTO455
Basicly, I posted because I wanted to know from you guys out there, how and where have you found that perfect girl? .
There is no perfect girl or guy. If that's what you're looking for, you're in deep crapola.
The more you rush things, the worse the end result. be cool. Dan
Old 07-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GTO455

While 18 might sound young, I am honestly exhausted of not finding anybody and it just feels like my life is slipping away. I can say that this is causing 90% of my depression

I'm not a bad looking guy, I have a great body, great personality... I am at a total loss to why I am single. I know there isn't a special trick you have to do, but I have to be the most unluckiest guy in the world.

Basicly, I posted because I wanted to know from you guys out there, how and where have you found that perfect girl? It's like no one in the world is my type... if I even have a type at all.

Also, stories are great too. If you have anything to share or ask, please do.

I just really feel empty inside. A big chunk of my life is missing.

What is going on.

Three things will get you further than anything else, and none of them have to do with what you look like: Personality, confidence and being positive. Nobody is going to sleep with you because they feel just that bad for you and your life's story. It doesn't happen.

If you are interested in a girl, make the first move. THen make the second and third moves too. Taking control of things early on puts you in the driver's seat, eliminates guess-work. Take everything in stride and let things happen as they do naturally, you'll be fine.

Oh, and if she doesn't call you back within a couple days TAKE A HINT.

K
Old 07-17-2005, 10:15 AM

Last journal entry:
Last photo:

I don't self-loath around other people, but when I am home on a sat. night by myself, it hits me like a bad hangover. And I know trashy women go to bars, that's why I don't hang around there. As for getting my name and face out there, lets just say I did some crazy things in highschool and I had chicks I didn't even know come up to me and start talking.

I am the master of comedy... I would light up a movie theater by running down the isle flailing limbs like a retard while looking for my friends. If you havn't tried this, then your missing out. Works well if your in your 40's.

I was told the beach or the river is a great place to meet other women, but no luck yet.

If I wanted a one night stand, I would damn well get it. Nothing like leaving the ***** the next morning and hightailing it to your car.

I hate waiting, it's starting to get to me and I am going crazy.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Asking for female advice on a hotrod forum, that must be a desperate situation .
Old 07-17-2005, 10:19 AM

Last journal entry:
Last photo:

Asking for MALE advice and no more desperate then asking people I know.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:08 AM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakBordr7387
Alright bro, I guess I should try to be a motivational speaker.
::insert chris farley impression here::
Ok My name is Matt Foley, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER! So you gots a problem with some little girlies. WHOOP DE FRIGGIN DOO! You need a little self confidence, and don't be so down on yourself. Because beleive me, if don't have this, you will never get the girl of your dreams, and start living in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!
::stop insanity, back to normal::

Hey ron, don't you just love it when girls flock around you car, I sure do. Of course its better for me since Im not married.

Brad
rotflmao i love that skit he was one funny dude

i can tell you from experience be self confident engage people intelligently and show genuine interest in people (all people) and you will stand out in a crowd and soon enough you will have a great social life and that will eventually lead to great relationships. don't be in a hurry, when you least expect it something will drop right in your lap from out of nowhere
Old 07-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

In answer to your specific question, I was 21 when I meet her, 23 when I married her. We meet New Years Eve while I was cruising around town in a 1970 1/2 Camaro (being a car site I had to include that) (that was one of the favorite pastimes in my area). My present girlfriend was always busy doing something on holidays so we were never together at those times. And I stopped to talk to a friend of my sisiters and she (my wife) just happened to be with her. She was a skinny little thing with long dark beautiful hair (my one weakness, long hair) (my present gf also had long hair).So I asked my sister who she was. Well my sisiter got to digging around and found out who she was. My sister didn't like my present girlfriend so she and her friend kinda worked on hooked me up to meet her again. They were cruising around town and just happened to have car trouble so my sisters friend asked me to take her (my wife) for a ride while she got the car fixed. The other girls loss ended up being my gain. I was smitten by her and asked her out. The rest is of course history. Good Luck Don't rush it. It'll happen. Enjoy your free time.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Bit of advise..............................They say, "Don't marry for money"

That is BS......................get a girl with some coin.................I wish I had........

Budget RVs
Old 07-17-2005, 07:15 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Dude...your 18!
Go out and have fun and then marry someone you can learn to hate for the rest of your life. lol
Ever try that E harmony.com? HG

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=2415[/url]

Hemmies rat journal below.

[url]http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?s=f6d0e9c7fec644bb0a70761c0431939b&journalid=84231&action=view[/url]

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.