Hot Rod Forum banner

Fine Metal in Trans (NEW)

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rubberman2003 
#1 ·
I am looking for some expert advice. I recently installed a professionally rebuilt Chevy Overdrive 700R4 street/Strip trans. I flushed the radiator and trans cooler part of the radiator with flush followed by compressed air. I installed new trans cooling lines, and a new 2000 Stall torque converter. There was a small amount of fine metal pieces in the pan before installation which was thoroughly cleaned before it was installed. I put brand new Dextron III trans fluid in the unit. The TV cable and an inline magnetic filter were installed. The trans was run for less than 30 minutes and shut down as the TV cable was not working properly. The pan was drained and pulled to gain access to the valve body and valve. I found a lot of metal and non metallic ( possibly aluminum) pieces in the pan, filter and valve body. Could enough metal to cause valve body problems come form the radiator trans cooler ? The Raiator is in good shape. As always Thanks for the help.

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.