Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Finish Tuning
Thread: Finish Tuning
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 11:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You guys are great! Funny thing?? Went out last Friday for the first cruise down to the local gearhead spot, really started runnig progressively worse. Got it home and won't even idle. The PV problem was there but it seems that I developed a vacuum leak somewhere. So... tonight just said the hell with it! On the way home from work stopped and bought a 4.5 to replace the 6.5 on a guess (because I don't have a vacuum meter) and a new set of plugs. Came home and changed the PV in like 15min flat, easy as hell! Cahnged the plugs, checked everything that could be leaking vacuum (couple thing kinda loose), started it up and found my idle. Yeah!! Still doesn't seam as strong as I would hope for so printed the manual for the carb from holley.com rechecked the bowl levels and started on the idle mixture. HMMM?? this was fun (without the gauge) it said adjust til you have maximum RPM...Hmmm?? That a ****! Damn cam! Engine shaking and I really didn't hear all that much of an increase. A matter of fact I had to open them up about 7/8 more than the factory setting. 1-7/8 total out. Tomorrow driving it in to work, stopping by a local shop to get a vacuum reading, get the correct PV (vacuum @ idle divided by 2) and dial it in the rest of the way. Tell you one thing, need more power!!! no ****! Just sold an 02 WS6 w/ cam intake TB and MAF work done and it would walk this thing. Look up guys... what kind of gains would I get from stock 882 heads to the 2.02 humps?? 50hp? be worth the 100 bucks and a days work switchen em. Humps only have a few miles on them.
Thanks again
Steve