Hot Rod Forum banner

firebird idle problems

836 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  86 red dragon 
#1 ·
HI im 16 and own a 87 firebird formula and it wont idle. I have a long driveway so when i start it i have to run it down the driveway just to get it to idle by its self. How can i fix this without breaking the speed limit in my driveway?

#5 ·
why the heck would you get rid of fuel injection and go to a carb. most people want to go the other way. Make sure you carb is adjusted right. weather changes is a big deal with carbs. check for cracked vacuum lines. carbs need adjusted when going from warm to cold weather. and require warming up.

#6 ·
crussell85 said:
why the heck would you get rid of fuel injection and go to a carb. most people want to go the other way. Make sure you carb is adjusted right. weather changes is a big deal with carbs. check for cracked vacuum lines. carbs need adjusted when going from warm to cold weather. and require warming up.
it sounds like he switched it to FI and then changed it back to carb. i think, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.