Firing Order For The 351windsor - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Firing Order For The 351windsor

SOMEBODY GIVE ME THAT INFO SO iCAN GET THIS THING SET RIGHT

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
97Z28's Avatar
NTI Grad.
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chardon, Ohio
Age: 32
Posts: 607
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 Counter clockwise on the dist.


http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=26448
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
FASTCHEVY's Avatar
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Dallas Texas
Age: 32
Posts: 800
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by handytazman
SOMEBODY GIVE ME THAT INFO SO iCAN GET THIS THING SET RIGHT

YES MA'AM, RIGHT AWAY!

How come you Ford guys are so wound up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: texas, earth
Posts: 420
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
we gotta stay wound up....keeps us ahead of the bow tie brigade


......flaming beginning in 3, 2, 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 01:50 PM
97Z28's Avatar
NTI Grad.
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chardon, Ohio
Age: 32
Posts: 607
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
now now... easy on the bowtie... little better then the blue oval, but i guess at least ford circled the problem huh? its a start. lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Choctaw Bob's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 379
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
If it has a 351 Cam in it 13726548
If it has a 302 Cam in it 15426378

also Fords are numbered different than Chevys
starting on the passenger side front to rear 1,2,3,4, then driver's side front to rear 5,6,7,8.

Distributor turns counter clockwise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Member
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: texas, earth
Posts: 420
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Z28
now now... easy on the bowtie... little better then the blue oval, but i guess at least ford circled the problem huh? its a start. lmao
i just don't understand you chevy guys.....ya can't tell the difference between an oval and a circle. Try to remember...the circle is what our taillights look like as we pull away

<<<<<<<<<<<<< stirs pot, leaves room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Choctaw Bob's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 379
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I build all kinds of engines and raced Chevys until I found that because of their head design, Fords are easier to make serious horsepower.

The only way Chevys can win is when the sanctioning body puts restrictor plates on the Fords to keep them from running away from the Chevys.

It is cheaper to build a moderately powerful Chevrolet because there are more abundant and cheaper parts.

For street engines that I don't have to race seriously, I like Big Block Chevys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 06:24 PM
97Z28's Avatar
NTI Grad.
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chardon, Ohio
Age: 32
Posts: 607
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw Bob
I build all kinds of engines and raced Chevys until I found that because of their head design, Fords are easier to make serious horsepower.

The only way Chevys can win is when the sanctioning body puts restrictor plates on the Fords to keep them from running away from the Chevys.

It is cheaper to build a moderately powerful Chevrolet because there are more abundant and cheaper parts.

For street engines that I don't have to race seriously, I like Big Block Chevys.
what the heck kind of race do you run that makes the fords put restrictor plates on??? lol, thats a new one for me. i've seen peaople at our track smoke the fords and i've seen fords smoke the chevys. IMO one is no better then the other. it all depends on who builds the motor, their lev el of expertise, how its tuned and how compatible the parts were. i've seen people put thousands of dollars into a ford motor only to be beated by a chevy with $800 worth of parts on it, and the other way around. dont get me wrong... I'm chevy all the way and like most guys enjoy a little ripping on the other guys ride (in a playful manner). but anyway, i've never heard of a sanctioning body using restrictor plates just on fords except for NASCAR, and even then every car has to run them. I dunno, i must be stupider then i thought!

CHEVY RULES!!!!

btw, fords are so powerful, thats why you see everybody putting a ford motor in a camaro!! LMAO! i've only seen a LOT of people putting chevy motors in mustangs!!!! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Choctaw Bob's Avatar
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 379
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Z28
what the heck kind of race do you run that makes the fords put restrictor plates on??? lol, thats a new one for me. i've seen peaople at our track smoke the fords and i've seen fords smoke the chevys. IMO one is no better then the other. it all depends on who builds the motor, their lev el of expertise, how its tuned and how compatible the parts were. i've seen people put thousands of dollars into a ford motor only to be beated by a chevy with $800 worth of parts on it, and the other way around. dont get me wrong... I'm chevy all the way and like most guys enjoy a little ripping on the other guys ride (in a playful manner). but anyway, i've never heard of a sanctioning body using restrictor plates just on fords except for NASCAR, and even then every car has to run them. I dunno, i must be stupider then i thought!

CHEVY RULES!!!!

btw, fords are so powerful, thats why you see everybody putting a ford motor in a camaro!! LMAO! i've only seen a LOT of people putting chevy motors in mustangs!!!! lol

There is always someone who will take the bait
Fact remains, Nascar has restrictor plates, body templates and so on to keep the cars as close as possible and to keep the speed down.
In superstreet they changed the rules because the turbo small block mustangs were killing the Big Block Cameros and the big racing crowd is Chevy owners(like me) that go to the races to see Chevys win. Guys who build chevys do so because they are cheap to build. It is bad business to kill off the popular brand. Ford did not have a car ordinary guys could hot rod until the fox Mustang. Parts for the early 'Stang were few and very expensive.
Chevy doesn't even have a Camero any more. I know there is a promise of a new one but it looks like a $50,000 car to me, which means I will never buy one until it is 10 years old.
Take your Chevy out to the local track the next Chevy vs Ford street car meet. You will see what I mean. Buick GNs used to come out and play but not too often. 9 second street legal, emmissions legal Mustange are common as dirt in Texas. To win a Mustag "True Street" meet you have to be able to consistantly run in the high 8s. These are a stretch (legal)but they are all stock suspension location, no mini tubs, 10.5 (not W) tires, turbocharged small blocks. I sold my Mustang when it was the fastest car in the country (1998) because I could see that the price for staying there was going up.

I love Chevys too. My Hot Rod has a warmed up 396. I have a double hump 327 for the next buiild. Just because I like Chevys doesn't mean I'm blind and brain dead.

Last edited by Choctaw Bob; 03-02-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2006, 07:08 PM
97Z28's Avatar
NTI Grad.
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chardon, Ohio
Age: 32
Posts: 607
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LOL... yup...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Distributor Installation & Firing Order leejoy Engine 9 01-05-2006 03:18 AM
firing order FordTrouble Engine 8 11-27-2004 11:22 PM
Firing order wont work delory Electrical 15 05-07-2004 11:22 AM
Carburating a 5.0 HO. Firing order question FalconDaman Engine 7 12-07-2003 03:00 PM
84 305 firing order, please help nitro junkie Engine 7 01-08-2003 12:38 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.