Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First BBC, urgent help with timing!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza1
Hey, I'm glad you mentioned this... Can you tell me how mild or wild this cam is? I attached the cam specs sheet below. I don't understand how it says .320 lift, shouldn't it be more like .530, esp with 1.7:1 rockers? Or am I reading it wrong?

I know it's a 4-bolt main block, forged crank, forged pistons, 10:1 compression, aluminum heads(I was told edelbrock? I'm not sure where to look for the edelbrock stamp at to verify), Performer RPM intake manifold, Chevy 427 "dump truck" exhaust manifolds, and someone bolted on an Edelbrock 1407 carb. I don't think I can fit long tubes, and I feel like the carb is way too small for a 454. If I get it running right, will "shorty" headers and a 850cfm carb wake the car up? I have no idea what kind of power it should be making.

I will do the timing tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice, I'm learning a lot of this hands-on stuff as I go. Anyone have a good link to a DIY valve seal install?

-Dustin
With that compression, you should be running the highest octane pump gas you have in your area.