First Cruse-In 2011 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

First Cruse-In 2011

A few members of our club and I went over the mountains for a cruise-in that started a 0600 and was to close at Midnight. All donations were to go to the Cancer Society. This was supported by the Hard Times club in Newport, Tn whose roots are entwined with moonshine cars and circle track racing, some on the national level. Our representation included my coupe, a Grand National powered 38 Chevy coupe, a 460 powered 51 Merc 4 door, a 46 Ford coupe with Flathead, a Model A pickup with Ford V6 and a SBC powered 46 Chevy pickup. Dumb me went off and left the camera in the shop because the best looking 40 Ford pick up I have seen was there. It was powered with a warmed over 53 Merc Flattie. Hard to see, but he had a MII front end on it along with air conditioning. Don't know what tranny was behind the flathead, but it was an automatic. Crusi-matic was available in 53 so could well have been one of those. He had a tilt steering, but the original 40 steering wheel was skillfully blended right to it. The dash contained the original gauges, but the L/R turn indicators were about like a green glass tip of a ball point pen with a slightly larger Hi/Lo beam indicator in the middle. Body, paint, and interior was superb in every way. The owner/builder has been known to sell his stuff so I will approach him to see how much I will have to mortgage the house for.

To digress a bit, the trip over just drove home the need to build for handling. The Merc with the lead slug under the hood just could not stay any where near the two coupes and we were not even challenged at our reduced speeds.

Trees

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.