Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - first engine swap, help!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
"Hit it with a bigger hammer"

Wiki Edits: 0

first engine swap, help!

i was having trouble with the starter on my 84 3/4 ton chevy's 350. after much frustration and asking around, turns out that i messed thy fly wheel up by not shimming it soon enough after i knew it was having problems. oh well, you live and learn...
i found out about an 87 1/2 ton suburban with a 350/700r4 combo, for only $200! i bought it yesterday and have to go see if i can get it running today, its been sitting for a year or so. i'll get it home one way or the other.
i want to know what its gonna take to get my 350/400 turbo out of my truck and put the 350/700r4 from the suburban back in. i would just swap the tranny's out, if i didn't have a 4 bolt main that i wanted for a hot rod, in my truck.
enough rambling, whats it gonna take to put the 350 with a throttle body into a carb truck? or maybe change the throttle body to a carb motor? then what will i have to do to make the overdrive on the trans work? any advice would help.
thanks
ryan