Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - first engine swap, help!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:57 AM
"Hit it with a bigger hammer"

Wiki Edits: 0

rough ride home!

well, it took some "finess" with a hammer and screwdriver to get the keyless ignition to turn over. to my surprise, the old beast came to life after almost a year and a half of sitting dormant, and on the second try! the 87 suburban is far from well running, but it did make it the 6-7 miles back to my house under its own power, and died right as i was turning into my driveway! so now starts the process of getting to the heart running good, before i rip it out and bring life to my baby once again. whats left of the burban (rear end, tires, gas tank, bench seat, and whatever else i can salvage) will go into my garage, along with the vette 350 and 400 trans, for a rat rod build later on.

so after long thought, i've decided to just turn the tbi 350 into one that is carburerated, as it will work out easier, and i can get old blue back on the road faster. now comes the task of finding out what intake i need and what sensors i can take off and make it still run right. anyone know of some books i could buy to help me out, or what needs to come off? and i do appreciate all of your advice so far, it has helped me out tremendously thus far.
thanks
ryan