first hard headliner - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2013, 06:32 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

first hard headliner

haven't posted in a while but finally got to work on my 68 chevelle and make these door panels and my first hard headliner, turned out cool.... thanks for the how-to's from here and from the h.a.m.b. posted by skipstitch that was an old post but really helped me to understand how to do a headliner like this...... thanks guys..... Eddie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PS door panels.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	107378   Click image for larger version

Name:	headliner.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	107386   Click image for larger version

Name:	double blower.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	107394  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Last photo:

NICE! I read that thread on the HAMB a few weeks back. Is it as difficult as it seems? I have a 70 GTO Id like to have a hard headliner in. Even though it has a brand new bow rod headliner. Do you got any more pics of how you did yours? Looking good!

I noticed you have some bucket seat foams setting in the back. Whats your plans? I been thinking of making my rear seat seem like your setting in a bucket but at the same time it still being a bench. Maybe adding in some foam bolsters on the sides and near the center to give that bucket seat feel and look.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:39 AM

Last photo:

Thank you UJSLOST !!! and no it wasn't that difficult......got mine to the point you see in one full day....... I just read the post by skipstitch several times and went to the garage and applied it to my car !!! and no, sorry but I didn't take pics as I was doing it, but basically like the post in the hamb I used 1/4 inch luan for the roof, but used my door panel board first to make the pattern as it was a lot easier to keep trimming on until I was happy with the fit, then transferred it to my luan.
There is a cross brace that floats above your suspended headliner and below the actual roof of the car, it runs from front to back and from left to right in the car, I drilled through the luan and bracing and screwed mine to that, make sure to make center marks on both parts, wood and door board, cause once sprayed with glue, when you stick the pieces together, better make sure that's where you want it, no backing up from there......lol.... well without damage to something anyway.....
its best to have a friend to help hold the rear down while you stick the front in place...... my friend was my wife and we did it just fine the first time.
Mine is all leather so I for sure didn't want to have to start over !!! ...lol

As for the seats you see in the rear, I'm doing 4 bucket seats, custom console from my dash between all 4 seats up to the package tray, adding a monitor, all new gauges, and new sound system.

Thanks again and if you do this, just take your time and think it through, you'll do fine...... Eddie
Old 12-22-2013, 12:59 PM

Last photo:

Those seats in the rear. What are they from?
Old 12-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Last photo:

they are out of a 1999 or 2000 oldsmobile bravada ( looks like a chevy blazier ) cost 27.00 bucks each out the door at our local pull-a-part.
54.00 dollars for 2 bucket seats...... cant beat that !!!
Heres a better pic of the 2 seats mounted and the armrest I made before I covered them and the door panels.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	290.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	607.5 KB
ID:	107713  

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.