Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First hotrod questions
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT View Post
Here's a reality check for you....and I'm not trying to be a dick but it's just the truth. I'm building a f/glass w/ steel fenders '32 Ford Victoria....for about 6 years now. These hot rods are expensive to build, if you think you're going to buy a "kit" (and I hate that word) and just bolt everything together then you need to do some more research. It's not that easy and they ALL need some type of fabrication work. There's a million things to do to these cars to finish them and everything costs money......hense the 6 yrs. so far build time.

I would forget the Zipper, they are very small inside. The Brookville bodies are nice but they all need work, I know 2 guys that spent $25 thou for '32 coupe bodies and spent many hours getting the body ready for paint. Not to discourage or insult you but if you're not very knowledgeable about the mechanics of the build process you might look into buying a complete car thats for sale on the many hot rod classifieds...this forum, ebay etc. Due to the economy there are some very good deals out there. Just some food for thought.........Dave
Great advise Dave.

I just want to add the one thing not many people account for is the tools,equipment,and work space/shop needed.It is easy to run into the thousands for that as well.