Hot Rod Forum banner

First Natuaral light in over 2 years

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave57210 
#1 ·
This is getting close to being on the street
Nothing fancy, but has some sentimental value to me.
My uncle bought this car brand new in 65 and drove the snot out
of it and used it as a shop truck (he was a machinist) for 47+ years.

Born with a 289 and a 4-spd----this car is a blast.
Now it has a 5.0HO with a small (E303) cam, but other than that,
I took very few liberties with it.

My uncle had the interior redone in black and blue and put in a bench seat---probably so he could haul is daughters around with him.

I located a set of buckets----and put the interior back to what it was when it left the California factory.

Jim also bought the wheels within 2 weeks of buying the car.
He drove this thing until right before his passing.

But----this car was a lot bigger when I was a kid---pretty sure of it.

At any rate---I loved driving it after my aunt sent it to me right until I broke the 2nd 302 my uncle put in back in 85

Today----it moved under it's own power for the first time in a couple of years. I drove the noisy exhaust absent thing onto a dolly and took it to
a muffler shop----it came back much quieter.

Still a few things to get taken care of----but not too long and it will
be making regular 50-60 mile commutes again

See less See more
#6 ·
Ya---I do get some flack over the whitewalls, but I think it adds just a bit of elegance
to any car----so I'll keep 'em til I can no longer get them at a reasonable price.

Have whitewalls on the 66 Elky with s-10 mags--get the same flack on those as well.
But I think they look just fine.

Those WW are getting harder and harder to get in any size.
My (hers) Crown Vic came with Michelin ww when new and a few years ago I had no problem getting tires for that.
Just last year----had to order them as none of the tire places kept them in stock. She griped about the price of those things, but when I asked her how many times she has had a flat or how many have separated (big problem in the hot states) she realized why I was adamant about using the same tires that car was born with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.