first post - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2003, 10:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

first post

Hello all

This is my first post,. I'm new to hotrodding but not completely new to automotive, I did a lot of work with M&M CUSTOM and am also qualified for fuel and elect. in the army

With the help of M&M CUSTOM I recently completed my first major project. The #3 intake valve dropped in my 90 grand am and had to replace it, when I completed it to my surprise(because I did the repairs LOL) it ran better then when I bought the car.

Hoping to learn a lot more from the site.

Advertisement

Last edited by M&M; 12-26-2003 at 11:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2003, 10:52 PM
Evil as I wanna Be

Last journal entry: First time out in 8 months!
Last photo:

Welcome! I'm new too.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

FINALLY, he posts his first post. And he forgets to tell you I helped him by phone from almost 2000 miles away.
Welcome to the board, and as per my last PM you may want to go back and edit a little.
MAN, the trouble we got into when we lived in MI.
My dad said we couldn't work together without leaving the project alone or fighting about something.
For instance, the engine change in my 79 Chevy Caprice, when my dad bet we couldn't do it in a weekend, took us about 5 hours.
When we worked we worked, when we dreamed we dreamed.
Remember the Corvette with the 502 you wanted to build?
Remember the headache [color=yellow](He corrected me in a PM by saying [/color][color=red]MIGRAINE )[/color]you had when my black truck had no exhaust manifolds, and it took me a little longer than you wanted to get it in the garage?

Remember Drivers' Education, I had fun there.
Why dont you post about our race to your house and your dads' truck? Some one else will get a kick out of it, I think.
Remember your moms Delta 88 with the 403?
Remember the Fiesta in the Meridian Mall parking lot, and where you made it fit?
Remember the State cop and his girlfriend on the motorcycle on the morning of my first day of my first job May 20 1989?
WERE WE BAD BOYS OR WHAT???
HE!HE!HE!

Last edited by M&M CUSTOM; 12-26-2003 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:47 PM

Last photo:

race

M&M CUSTOM and I were racing from his house to mine, he went on the paved road and I took a dirt road, I lost control of my dads 87 chevy 3/4 ton 4X4(bought in Jan and this happened in Oct) running it about 70 ft into the woods causing $3,100.72 in damage needless to say I was not aloud to drive alone for a long time.

The delta 88 was fun.
Leave the cops out of this.
saran wrap the day I left for active duty

Last edited by M&M; 12-26-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

At least he was more worried about you than that truck.

I seem to remember that the Fiesta would fit within the space of a guarded (concrete barriers at all 4 corners) crosswalk.

I agree the Wagon was FUN?, especially looking out the passenger side front window at a mailbox and large tree coming straight toward me at ??? miles an hour.

Hey at least you didn't get in any trouble and the cop was found at fault.

I'LL never forget the saran wrap, good thing I carried (and still do) a pocket knife so I could get in my truck.
By the way I still have that truck, if you want to lift your dads' when you finally get it I have lots of parts.

Last edited by M&M CUSTOM; 12-27-2003 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Welcome to the board!

I'm not new, except for my t-shirt. Glad to have you join us. Has your driving improved any? I mean with the crash and all, did you get any better having soneone else riding with you? LOL LOL

Tazz
trolloligest

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 12-27-2003, 05:16 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

He moved to New Mexico where most of the roads are straight AND TREELESS

His speed as far as the last time I was out there has NOT slowed down though. The police gave him at least one "AWARD" that I know of.

I wonder if he will spill the beans on any of MY bad boy adventures.

Anyway we had a lot of fun together, went to school together, worked at the retirement home together, drivers ed., lots of fun anyway.

We played radio tag with our cars and some other friends in their cars, driving around with CB's and trying to find each other with the signals each of us gave off (we cheated to an extent), then moved up from CB's to amateur radio He got his license before I did, and I moved up the ranks a little farther first.

Come on Mike share a little more with them.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:41 PM

Last photo:

The cheating came on my part, the way my radio was setup it acted like a set of beams when I was pointed at you the sig was the strongest.

M&M CUSTOM remember me whistling in the school parking lot over your pa? LOL

The accident improved my skills (I learned what I did wrong) not that I need them here.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Oh yea, I remember the PA system, and you could have gotten the both of us in a lot of trouble.
And if it were now I KNOW we would be in trouble.

Remember the Fiesta, sorry about the driver side door.
For the rest of you, I drove out of my parking spot in the high school parking lot and he had his door open, my rear bumper caught it and pulled open forward enough of a funky angle that it looked like it would never close, I don't remember if it did or not and I remember that he ended up changing that door soon afterward anyway.

I also remember that I ended up buying that car from him for $45 cutting it up with an AX and keeping the seats for my GMC, and the sunroof (which I never used), those seats are still in the truck to this day with the addition of some furry seatcovers.

I also remember selling him a 1976 Ford LTD that I aquired from a friend of my sister for the sum of about $2 worth of tranny fluid so it would move and pumping up the tire AFTER my sisters friend rolled over into a swamp full of black muck.

My dad and I kicked out the dents and puored many sample bottles of avon perfume to get that smell out.
The car sat out in my front yard with the windows rolled down a quarter inch to let the stink out, with for sale signs in all four directions for a couple months.

I think mike was away at basics when I got the car and when he came back he needed wheels, anyway he bought it for $400.

Anyway I got the car for $2 worth of tranny fluid, pumping up the one flat tire, crawling inside to kick out a couple dents in the fenders and roof, pouring the many perfume samples, and changing an engine in a 1979 Malibu for my sisters friends new ride.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.