Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First project car? Nova, Falcon, other?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,128 Times in 1,001 Posts
Personally, I love all cars. That being said I wouldn't go looking for a single make model and year as you are talking, I would be looking for ANY of them. Not that you would take any car understand, I would be looking for the best car I could find for my plans, condition wise, not make model and year.

If you have an open mind like this, you will be looking on craiglist or a swap meet and see a 64 Nova (my personal pick of the ones you are tossing out) because you have chosen the Nova to be "your car". You go look at this Nova that has some rust, it's dash has been cut up for a stereo, it has a hacked up engine compartment with holes cut in the aprons for fender well headers, but you have chosen a Nova as your car so you are looking at buying it. All the while there is a 65 Falcon you didn't go look at that has a super nice body, it's a strippo six cylinder car that you can get real cheap because it's a strippo and you never go looking at it ending up with the hacked up Nova.

Look at all the cars you can see and the BEST one condition wise is what you should buy. And when you do this it's amazing what will fall in your lap. Recently my nephew wasn't even looking and he fell upon a 4 door 55 Hudson Wasp. Believe me a four door Hudson wasn't his dream car. But it fell in his lap at a real good price and it is literally restored! Paint and interior is super nice, he got it for $1500! If he had been looking for only a certain car he would have passed this super nice deal by. He is going to be driving it every day, he is going thru the brakes right now which is the only thing it needs, it runs like a top.

Go look at everything!

Brian