Thought I'd post a few pics of my first paint job. The paint is PPG DBC (1965 Chrysler bright red) with PPG Global 894 clear coat. The car is a 1964 Dodge Polara that we plan on racing and driving. Couldn't have done it without the help from this forum. Thanks guys! Some Lessons Learned:
- Build a GOOD "homemade" booth. Take the time to do it right and you will be much happier.
- You can never have enough lighting!
- Don't get in a hurry. Go into a painting project with the frame of mind that it will take as long as it takes to get it done right.
- Set everything up in advance and go thru a "dry run" before you are ready to shoot. THis helps with things like hose layout, accessability, lighting, etc.
- Buy a lint free painting suit! Lint sucks and your clothes are the biggest supplier.
- Spray for bugs (cover your project). Those small litttle critters WILL find a way into your booth.
- Don't spray at night or in the evening (bugs love those lights)
- Listen to the guys on this forum! They know there stuff and will share it with you if you ask nicely!