Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First Rookie Paint Job Finished - Pic's
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Max Wedgie

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

NHRA allows unibody cars to have the cage bolted to the floor instead of welded to the frame. (the installation of frame connectors - which is a good idea anyway for rigidity - does not constitute a frame) So all "8 points" of where the bar meets the floor can be unbolted. The side bars and rear seat bar have removable clevis/pin attachments so they can be pulled out as well (NHRA allowed). Which leaves only the 2 rear brace to main hoop bars. These joints are connected (near the main hoop) via a tight fitting internal chromoly 4" bar with rossette welds. To remove just die grind out the rossette welds and pull the main hoop away from the rear braces. After some buffing and painting this connection is virtually invisable and I don't plan on bringing it to the attention of the tech inspector To be honest I think NHRA needs to address the need to allow clevis attachments at these points on full bodied cars. It really hate to see people have to cut up these old classics to put a stinkin roll bar in. Hell, I got sick just having to drill holes in the floor and trunk!