Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First time makeing new seat covers.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks Dan, Buds. Finished my arm rest. Not real happy, but they will pass. Had gazillion little tiny stapes in them. So i bought a electric stapler and some staples. Tried to shoot one in and it bounce off and hit me in my arm. So i thought maybe i hit a bad spot. Not, it didn't even have enough power to make a staple stick much less go in. So i had to buy a small compressor and an air stapler. Got it all ready, shot one in and it cracked my arm rest. Well i learned a lot today. One is, you need air if your going to staple. Second is, Leather hides a lot of crap. Its like paint. Very user friendly. It will stretch a mile if you need it to and it hides crap really good. Here's a pic of my first ever sewing job, on a car with leather. Bad day in the sew room. Both arm rest are done. I just used some very small screws and glue and i have a new Craftsman compressor and stapler. That i don't need. Dan i stayed with french stitch so it would look stock. Top stitch was a very good idea tho. Thanks Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arm rest 33.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	36566   Click image for larger version

Name:	arm rest 44.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	36567