Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First time makeing new seat covers.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Been busy with some other stuff. But I did get a chance to all most finish my trunk panel. Just need to glue 1/4 inch foam down and then leather. Came out looking good "for my first upholster job" I probably wont try and make my own patterns any more though. Took my forever to make this small piece. I think I'm ready to start on my seats. Leather on trunk panel is the same stuff I bought for my seats. But I've been thinking I might just use the leather that I put on my arm rest, dash, console lid, or should I ? Its a real thick full grain leather. Like what you would use on motorcycle seats. But I love the way it looks. Has the same grain as the vinyl on my stock seats. It matches perfect. Would it be harder to sew ? Is their any problems I might run into because of the thickness. If not then that's what I'd like to do. I've worked with it and so far I like it and the hide I have is killer looking. Have a job to finish, hopefully by this weekend and then I can start on my car again. Did order some K glue as Dan recommended and a spray gun. Because I have a compressor now to spray with. Guess this compressor will be real handy after all. Here's a couple of pics. Its just clamped down with a piece of 1/4 inch foam. So it should look better once its finished. Thanks for any advise. Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk panel 44.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	36736   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk panel 55.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	36737