Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First time porting heads
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Nut2001 View Post
WOW, I really appreciate everyones input and opinions. I got the exhaust ports done where they all match, to my eyes anyway, lol. I just came in to eat and am going back out to pull the studs and tap the bosses. I have a doctors app. Monday but plan on starting on the intake porting when I get home but, I have a question. I bought these studs, Mr. Gasket Screw-In Rocker Arm Studs 1076 - SummitRacing.com. How do I go about torqueing them? I plan on using Loctite on the threads and the only thing I can think of is to triple lock nut them and torque them that way. What do ya'll think?
Not sure about that one. You can use two nuts tighten together but not great for tq specs.

Also if you lock tight them down they may be hard to remove. For guide plates later on.

I agree lock tight is a good idea. Just maybe not red unless they call for red locktight. Be sure its high temp. That part of the head gets very hot.

I got to recommend studs with the nuts on them. But i know you have what you have and dont want to send them back. Just feel like i should say it.

http://www.store.procompelectronics....oduct_id=36923