I finished porting the second head last night. I've got to cut the guides down, clean it, lap the valves in, clean it again and put it together. Plan on being ready to put em on and do my clearance checks, pushrod length etc... on Tuesday. Then its time to get the lil "Iron Duke" and 5-speed out and start getting everything ready for the swap. I have made my decision on the trans bolt access idea. Instead of cutting holes to get to the top bolts, thats what I did on my last S10 build, i'm gonna cut a section out of the floor pan, mig four small strips of 16ga. to the underside, lay a small bead of silicone on the strips and lay the piece I cut out right back in place after I get the motor and trans in. This way, if I ever have to pull the trans I can just pull the carpet, sound and heat dampner, floor plate up and have super easy access to the trans bolts
. I've still got lots of playing to do but im gettin excited about seein what this lil flat top motor runs like.