first time pull overs - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2004, 08:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy first time pull overs

how many people here was pulled over their first time driving alone????????

yesterday was my first day driving alone, was all good went to work. few laps in town and then i picked up a friend to take home. and what do ya know i got pulled over by the popo. i was going crazy, my seat belts were fake (real ones will be in Wednesday ) i was going the speed limit, lights were on, i was not all over the road. i had no clue what was going on. he walks up and all he asks is if i know i have no tail lights. i got out of my truck and looked and to my surprise i had no tail lights what so ever. and i still have no clue whats wrong them. i guess it was just not my day.
oo well

mathjew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2004, 09:23 PM

Last photo:

get a warning.?

Nos
Old 07-14-2004, 08:41 AM
Missing You

Last photo:

Yesh, it sucks getting pulled over when you *think* there's no problem. From now on, every time you see a cop even if he's going the other way you'll be like, "omg, I'm gonna get pulled over again!"

First time I got pulled over I was going to slow and kinda weaving and I flipped out because I had left my driver's liscense at home. Still driving on my Learner's permit and my bro-in-law was with me. He's a fireman and knew the cop that pulled me over, so it was all good, lol.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

First time I got pulled over at 16 years old I was doing 58 km/hr in a 50 zone, since I was a beginner they threw the book at me and gave me 2 demerits and took my license for six months for speeding. When the cops brought me home (they confiscated my license on the spot and towed my car) they made such a big deal about my "infraction" to my parents that they made my mother cry, I was not driving crazy or tearing around either.

10 days after I was caught in the police speed trap they raised the speed limit on Chalmers Avenue where I was "trapped" to 60 km/hr.

There is no justice.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:06 PM

no, no warning. he didn't ask to see my license, registration, check my seat belts on any thing...he was just letting me know i had no tail lights. witch were working not 5min earlyer at the store.

mathjew
Old 07-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Marcel

Last journal entry: Choo-choo town
Last photo:

hu

How often do you walk around and check your tail light? I've been driving for over fourty years, and I've never, just walked back to see if they're working. most times, people will tell me, and check them and do the repairs needed. How it works, I bought a poppy red 57 two dr. ht. chevy onces, out of county, two days later, at dunkin donut, and high school mate told me when I'd bought it. He said when a new ( to them) car hits the county, they keep and eye on it for a couple of day to see what happens. Some how I passed they're test and not stopped.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:00 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Over two years of driving, about 25,000 miles, and I haven't been pulled over yet. But I did fail my drivers test for speeding.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:16 PM

ya theirs another problem theirs not many hot rods around. i live in a town of less than 3k. and well i stand out to the cops a little. my parents would rather me get a second truck than drive mine to town.

mathjew
Old 07-14-2004, 03:29 PM

Last photo:

This wasnt my first time, but I passed a cop once. It was back in the Dodge K-car days. I was following a white K-car wagon (no bubbles on top... not quite that dumb), and the driver would speed up to 60 then slow down to 45, speed up, slow down, etc... so i says to a couple buddies with me "when we hit a dotted line this guy is history!" So along comes a dotted line, no cars in sight for a mile, and well, we went by him like he threw it in reverse, speedo was wound almost back to the peg at zero. Being a safe driver like I am, I looks in the rearview mirror to make sure I am far enough ahead to pull back in and low and behold there was some pretty little flashing red lights in the grill of that p.o.s K-car! "Oh %!@$#&, I just passed a cop!" I says as my buddy in the front seat hands me my reg and insurance card (returning the favor, he was). My buddy in the back seat is laughing his ***** off... he is lucky I let ride home.
Anyway I just pull from the passing lane right over to the shoulder to collect my ticket. Plain dressed cop comes up to the window and asks me if I knew what the speed limit was about dozen times... maybe he thought I would forget or something. He says "you musta been going at least 75", to which my reply was "yup, 75"...it was more like 100. Had to get out of car and get reprimanded and whatnot. He did tell me that it was a safe pass, then let me go. So I returned the favor and gave him his wallet and badge back, that he left on top of my car.
Couldnt believe it...NO TICKET!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:57 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

I went past an unmarked crown vic going 65 in a 45, he was in the oncoming lane. I saw the attenas when he went by and thought oh ---- and then I saw him laying on his brakes to make his U turn. I didn't wait for him, I was gone, made a few turns (back roads) and slowed down to the normal speed just incase he by chance ended up same road I was on.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:27 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

The first time I got it, I really don't remember the stop, But I do remember my dad's reaction to the 10 over ticket I woke the folks up at like 10:30 or so to give them the news. Dad asked me if I knew why I got the ticket. I say, " I've got a pretty good idea." His comeback threw me way off balance. "The reason they gotcha was you wasn't goin' fast enough!" Thanks dad.... Been nailed for over 20 over twice since then. Dad and me still talk about fast driving every chance we get. He's got some great tales....
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 PM

Pulled over 2 times in my life was told to slow it down no ticket either time .
Old 07-15-2004, 08:52 AM

I hates to see them flashy lights in the mirror

specially when the cop walks up and says YOU AGAIN!
Old 07-15-2004, 10:10 AM

I have had one cop pull me over 23 times now and only gave me one ticket for loud exaust the last time i seen him. every other time I got pulled over i pretty much told him to leave me alone then the last time I was taking a friend hom and I knew he was there so I kept it quiet as i could then here he comes right as i pull into my friends driveway. the cop knows my friend didn't have a license also so he pulls me over and keeps asking what kinda mufflers i had and i kept telling him super trapps and then he would come back and ask again. he finally gave me a ticket and after that I didn't let off for anything I made sure i got my moneys worth at 11:00 on a sunday night. otherwise i was pulled over doing 75 inb a 55 on a sunday morning at 2a.m. the cop was a lady and I begged and pleaded that I would loose my license an my job so she ended up letting me go. just glad i didn't open it up like I was gonna I woulda been doing at least 115 through that area.
Jesse

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.