Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - First time: valve train geometry/mock up questions
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 08:40 PM
More machine than man

Last journal entry: bwaahhaahahaaahhaa
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Is there any chance that anti corrosion crap will ruin the engine oil? Especially during flat tappet cam break in (yes I have moly paste and ZDDPlus).

Also I put the head gasket on there using minor torque on the bolts. It is a Victor Reinz graphite gasket and it left some minor residue on the head and block. I am wondering if I should wipe it off before reinstalling, or if the gasket is toast at this point. I can take pics if needed.

Here is the gasket I am using (says Clevite, but the package says Victor Reinz):
Clevite Engine Parts 5746 - Clevite Nitroseal Cylinder Head Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Which BTW look EXACTLY like the ubiquitous GMMP gaskets (although these are .028" and supposedly for 4.000" bores only). And I do happen to have two of these GMMP's in the garage, but the block is .060"...so I guess they are out of the question.
GM Performance 10105117 - Chevrolet Performance Composition Head Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com