Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Fisher Body Craftsman’s Guild Reunion, January 18-19, 2013 in Scottsdale, AZ (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/fisher-body-craftsman-s-guild-reunion-january-18-19-2013-a-220278.html)

willys36@aol.com 06-06-2012 04:00 PM

Fisher Body Craftsman’s Guild Reunion, January 18-19, 2013 in Scottsdale, AZ

We are planning a Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild reunion at the Scottsdale Auto Museum Friday and Saturday January 18-19, 2013 in Scittsdale. This will be concurrently with the Barett-Jackson auction so there will be an overload of car stuff going on that weekend. If you are or know a Guild alumni and want to attend the event, contact

azwillfh@cox.net Address: Ron Will, 15346 East Verbena Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268

painted jester 06-29-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com (Post 1563413)
We are planning a Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild reunion at the Scottsdale Auto Museum Friday and Saturday January 18-19, 2013 in Scittsdale. This will be concurrently with the Barett-Jackson auction so there will be an overload of car stuff going on that weekend. If you are or know a Guild alumni and want to attend the event, contact

azwillfh@cox.net Address: Ron Will, 15346 East Verbena Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268

:thumbup: good luck with you endeavor.

MARTINSR 06-29-2012 02:11 PM

If you have any interest in fifties and sixites cars I highly recommend picking up the book on the Fisher Body Guild that we talked about a month or so ago. It is very entertaining and you don't have to sit down like a long novel, there are many stories of boys who made these models most are only a few pages long. It is so darn interesting reading how some of these models were built and how different things were from today. I highly recommend getting this book.

Brian

Ron Will 12-27-2012 09:20 AM

New Location For Fisher body Model Car Exhibit

NOTICE: The Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild Model Dream Car Exhibition has been relocated to the Arizona Biltmore Hotel lobby in Phoenix on Jan 18th and 19th, 2013, 10 am to 5 pm each day. The RM auto auction will be at the Biltmore on the 18th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com (Post 1563413)

dinger 07-08-2015 09:50 PM

Here's some of Willy36's work, Jeff Jones of Porterville. Too Cool!Artifacts of futures that might have been: the art of the Fisher Body CraftsmanR | Hemmings Daily

MARTINSR 07-08-2015 10:31 PM

Friggin awesome! What treasures those cars are. It's a shame I have seen a few for sale on Ebay, sad.

Brian

willys36@aol.com 07-15-2015 03:27 PM

Thanx for the link Dan. The author of the article got it a little wrong in the description of my cars though. He said I won California State awards for my cars but in actuality I won no awards.

The Salt Lake show was a great experience. I got to meet and talk with Jim Keeler for several hours. Jim is a legend in the model car world, was the manager of Revell's model car golden age of the early to mid 60s when they were making all the great Roth and drag racing kits and he got the job at the age of 17!

Also met Mike Scott from Minnesota. That name probably doesn't ring a bell but Mike is the guy who built the body, frame, front and rear axles, many engine parts for the Mysterion clone that Dave Shuten eventually finished in 2005. Mike gets little credit for his efforts but he shares at least half the credit for that car.