Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Five Star Primer ?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I cant comment on its long term endurance but I can say this.

If its the 2k "Extreme" DTM Primer/Surfacer/Sealer ****, that stuff sands absoutley terrible. I find it to be very soft, and clogs up the paper very quickly. If you happen to catch and edge, or are not careful you will gouge into your just sanded finish. To me, its fine for small parts. But I would not want to sand an entire car coated in the stuff....way to much paper and time.
I know that this is an old thread, but it came up in a search, and I thought I owed to others searching to add my 2 cents. I'm not a pro, but have painted my share of cars. Like BMM said, this stuff is JUNK! I made the mistake of spraying my whole project with this stuff. Dry sanding is impossible, it just wads up and clogs the paper producing gouges, wet sanding produces small granules that leave scratches. I used 5 star Extreme 5451 which isn't described as a "hybrid" but it sure does't sand like any 2k primer I ever used, it's more like sanding epoxy. I've mixed it with and without reducer with the same poor results. My suggestion, STAY AWAY!