Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fixing dents with dry ice myth revisited.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 12:12 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm afraid I have some rather conclusive evidence to prove you wrong Brian. Dry ice works miracles. And here's the scientific evidence.

Following your testing parameters I too used a ball peen hammer to make a few rather large dents. I didn't happen to have a Prius fender to duplicate your experiment in exact detail, but I was able to locate my dog Buster's forehead to use as a comparable substitute. The results are shown in picture # 1.

I then bought $0.59 worth of dry ice (exactly as you did) and gently applied it to the dent for about 30 seconds. And here are the results.

Now I just need to do a little touching up with some Rustoleum and foam roller and he'll be as good a show dog as he ever was.

(Helpful Hint: I think the secret for using dry ice is to rub WITH the hair, not AGAINST the hair.)
Always learning...and sharing what I've learned.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.