Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fixing new paint job&rubber question
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:03 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

fixing new paint job&rubber question

Hey this is something I copied&add too I sent it to my buddy for advice but he's pretty busy so I thought Id cut him some slack....well I painted my truck for the umpteenth time&sure you've probablly read the paint came out but I left some scratches in my bodywork &learned I need more lighting..all noon stuff Im learning&I'll get it well.I tryd my hand&sanding down some of the scratches & bleeding new paint in..worked like a charm.Now... I get the truck all the way out in the sun rinsed off&was gonna go take some pix.I stopd in auto parts store&came out&it looks like somebody opened the door&put a gold baseball sized dent in my truck!Well this is my plan..hit the whole truck lightly with 600 just to not cut through the clear but rough it up.Then to run a light coat over it or two if suggested Then Ill hit it with the clear what do you think.Paints only a week old.Itll be about 3 Weeks till I do this.Ofcourse Ill fix the dent.
If this isn't the correct way to do this please tell me how.Also I have some rubber that I can't seem to get the paint off&its looking kind of dull.Its far from brittle.I'm wondering is there a paint maybe a rattle can sort made for rubber?Also on the truck I only did two coats of clear so when I lay the paint I want to lay more.&on my body panel stand I had laced my buddies bumper cover on it that I painted a month&red paint from june got on it? The paint was on the padding ontop of the stands wth happened?Thanks I have a huge board in my shop I write all of the good tips I get off of here on.