Hot Rod Forum banner

Flag style connectors

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  butch27 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get some flag style connectors for 12/10 wire? I only need three to connect at my fuse panel to avoid kinking the main power wires. I,ve looked everywhere around the Detroit area,( the motor city; yeah right lol )

#5 ·
#6 ·
butch27 said:
Does anyone know where I can get some flag style connectors for 12/10 wire? I only need three to connect at my fuse panel to avoid kinking the main power wires. I,ve looked everywhere around the Detroit area,( the motor city; yeah right lol )
Doc here, :pimp:

IF your referring to "Trailer Type Fittings" , the type where you place one wire in, then the other in parallel, and crimp it down..DON"T use them ..Especially on a BUSS wire..

They short out, make intermittent or no connections, and fall apart..There is a reason you can't find them..

The Proper way to join those wires is SOLDER, cover with 2 sections of heat shrink tube, and secure with a rubber coated adel clamp.

Doc :pimp:

#10 ·
Gee I guess my link didn't work?
There is a selection of about 5 different types of flag terminals that will work with 12-10 G wire .

#11 ·
powerrodsmike said:
Gee I guess my link didn't work?
there is a selection of about 5 different types of flag trminals that will work with 12-10 G wire.

Doc here, :pimp:

Mikey..

About the only links that get my attention nowadays, come with BBQ Sauce, Mustard, relish, Pickel, Cooked Slowly over Smokey hickory Chips in a smoker..Served on a paper plate.. :drool: :drool: :drool:

(Now only If I could eat and digest them :pain: ...the smell is heaven enough..) :D

Doc :pimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.