Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Flat Battery....1 year old???
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered Cruiser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bucket23
[B][U]No the voltage will be lower and the current will be higher. [/B[/U]]As the battery charges and the current starts to go down the voltage will start to rise. One thing to concider is a lead acid battery does not like to be flattend out. If it goes completly flat a few times it wil never come back all the way.
Chet
You are correct Chet, I had temporary memory loss of Ohm's law.

Deep charged the battery while repairing 5+ very poor wiring connections. NOT from me!!! I think I'll eventually try and scrounge up a good used fuse buss as this one has some real Mickey Mousin goin on. On the bright side it's just the basic original wiring. The only thing added was a radio and a separate horn button. I've disconnected the radio as I never use it.

Alternator is up now at 13.9V and the battery is staying charged well. Not sure where the drain was coming from but apparently it's all good now.

I really miss my Fluke meter,(stolen), as that was perfectly accurate and this Extech one I'm using now is China crap. My 25 year old Amprobe meter gives more accurate readings than the newer Extech. But that's another rant.

Thanks for the replies, this situation at least forced me to redo some of my wiring which I knew really needed to be looked at.

If this particular battery gets flat again, it will be labeled "core".