Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Flat head Valve spring remover Tool???
View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2009, 06:19 PM's Avatar is online now
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Holly, michigan
Posts: 8,959
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 78
Thanked 509 Times in 450 Posts
These are the tools that look like a big "C" clamp. the flat round end goes against the top of the valve and the split end goes over the valve spring in the block. Then the screw portion is tightened by hand or over-center lever. This pulls the retainer towards the valve head. Then you can get to the keeper (valve lock). When installing, grease the valve lock so it will stick to the valve.
Reply With Quote