Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Flattened Comp cam, am I SOL?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:02 AM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_c_snow
Hello folks, I return with more information on my fresh 383 that had low idle oil pressure. Turns out, in addition to the trash ruining all the bearings and requiring the crank to be turned, the cam is also flat on two lobes. It's a Comp XE268H, and I have slightly stronger than stock valvesprings (not sure what the pressure is though, any way to find out other than a scale that I don't have?)

Problem is, I bought it through my college about four years ago, but only just got it into a vehicle and running. I followed all the directions explicitly, assembly lube, Comp lifters, correct oil (Rotella T 15W-40) with GM EOS, 2000+ rpm (no tach) for twenty or so minutes.

Think I have a case for a warranty claim through them? I ask before I waste my time and money calling them and sending the cam off for them to verify it is indeed flat.

Anyway, if not, there anything similar or more suitable for my application? (S10 AWD, 383, 700R4 w/2000 stall lockup convertor, 3.42 gears)

Thanks!
Quote:
correct oil (Rotella T 15W-40)
Rotella-T is a low zinc oil now as it only appox. 870 PPM of zinc

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...35#Post1415835