Hot Rod Forum banner

Flattening agents.. need help

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rrmccabe 
#1 ·
I have some omni flattening agent laying around that i would like to use up and at the same time i would like to make the wheels for my project satin.. i use spi universal clear.. is there some way i can test and see if this will work? im new to mixing different products around and i would rather not sand these wheels twice.. thanks

#2 ·
Any Flattening agent will work in any clear or paint. (Shake well, first)

95% of the flattening products out there is made with OK412 and only difference will be is how strong they have the mixture.

So one brand may take 20% to another brand that may take 30% to get the same flatness.

Also the higher solids the clear the more flattener it will take.

#6 ·
Keep shaking the gun as you paint too. I have found out that if you sit the gun down for a few minutes the flattener will settle out.

Flattener is twitchy and doesnt take much in the bottom of the cup to throw your flatteness off.

Just look at a flattener tech sheet and see how much difference 1oz of flattener per quart swings the %.

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.