Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - flex head torque wrench worth the $?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 08:54 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Rat, Ok for the record I am talking about a common socket extension that extends 90 deg from the wrench handle. I did not realize what hippie had to do this test with at first so maybe he can do it but any error would have to be mechanically induced. I am talking about theory using two torque wrenches connected by an extension,(one could be thought of as the fastener) one at the connector end and the other at the socket end, now apply a given torque setting to either one and would one read less than the other? which one? why? I think the answer to this is quite obvious and for someone to argue that things like inertia from the mass of an extension affecting a properly used torque wrench is just plain ridiculous. I wonder if he even realizes that inertia would only be a factor during acceleration or deceleration and would have no effect on a steady pull or even if he really knows what inertia is.