Hot Rod Forum banner

Flex Plate Holes Dont Match Torque Converter

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mightycarlo10 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, so i'm out in my garage and i'm getting ready to put the engine back in my car. I built a 383 from a 76 Monte Carlo 350 and the kit that i bought came with a 400 balancer and flex plate. Then, for the transmission, i built up a TH350 non-lockup from the same car and put a B&M Torque Master 2500 stall. However, the holes on the flex plate are about 1/4 of an inch off. My question is how can i fix this? Do i need a new torque converter or flex plate or can i just grind the holes in a little on the flex plate and add some washers, but try to remove the same amount from each side? Or can i reuse my old flex plate from the 350?

This is the flex plate i have:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PIO-871002&autoview=sku

#4 ·
I lied. Must of had a few too many tonight :drunk: . I was spinning the damn engine over and kept going too much and skipped the right size. Gotta be a one of the stupider things i've done :spank:. I kept sayin to myself what the hell is goin on cuz i know its a dual pattern.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.