Hot Rod Forum banner

flexibility additive

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tlambert 
#1 ·
you guys have been a great help in the past, how about another challenge? I am going to paint the bumpers of my 2002 PT Cruiser, which is factory Inferno Red with clear coat. My question is, do I need to add a flexibility additive to keep the paint from cracking or will I be okay with just urethane by itself. If I need the additive, where do I get it and how much do I use? Thanks
CNY.PT

#2 ·
CNY.PT, I honestly don't know what a PT's front is made from, I have never been within 20' of one. If your front end is flexible, if you can push it in with your thumb, yes I recomend buying the addative. The mixing directions should be on the can and you can get it at any auto paint shop.

HK

#3 ·
If you wont to know the truth you dont need flex in the clear coat.Flex will go away in about 6 mounts.If you dont cook the bumpre at 130de for 30 min you dont need to use it just more money.If you decide to, dont put it in the base coat just the clear.good luck bob

#4 ·
CNY,PT Using flex additive will depend on the brand and type of supplies that is used. Some companies say that the material will flex enough without the additive and others say to add it to everthing. Check with the company for product sheets for the material that you are using. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.