Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Hotrodding Basics (
-   -   flexplate and balancer (

william27103 06-08-2004 09:34 PM

flexplate and balancer
ok, flexplate 153-tooth or 168-tooth, which one to use or does it matter.

for the 383 I need a 400 balancer, correct?

what's the difference between an internal balance and an external balance.


chevyman06 06-08-2004 10:04 PM

You need to use a flexplate off of the 400. THe 400 has an externally balanced crank, meaning that the flywheel is balanced, not the crank. I beleive that this information is correct, but you should check another source to make sure.

tm454 06-13-2004 03:05 PM

balance it
Use the flex plate called for on the 400sbc, I don't remember whether its a 153 or a 168-tooth balancer, just order the one for the 400sbc. The 383 uses a 400 crank and that crank needs 400sbc balancer and flexplate.


Rat Rods Rule!

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.