View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
You reminded me Randy, I haven't done that in years and one has wax! As I remember it was called "B" coat, with the first one you would use without wax is called "A" coat, is that right?

The tearing the mat, GREAT idea! Yep, never did it that, LOL, I can picture a particular job right now on a 65 Vette hood where you could see the repair when it got warm. DAMN, great to learn this stuff years after doing it wrong.

Brian
Never knew it as B or A.. that's new to me.... The one that has no wax will stay sticky until it get's enough dust on it... But it's good when you are doing a lot of glassing... The one with wax is good if your going to be done after you galss....

I seen a brand new 41 Willy my friend bought and the tubs and floor was glassed in after the body was built.. Man talk about a mess.. And this was a big name car... I know it really doesn't matter because you will never see it... But it had lines and drip's all over this thing...No reason for that kind of job..

When you tear the mat and glass it in.. If done right you can not see the repair.. That's how it should be done... Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.. Look for the lines in these two pictures.. Both had the floor glassed in after the body was mad.. By the way, This is the same body in both pictures..

Tell me which one you would feel safer gone down the road in..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20101018_66.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	70630   Click image for larger version

Name:	20101023_27.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	70631  
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (01-15-2013)