Hot Rod Forum banner

Floor repair finishing?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  PRHeloPilot 
#1 ·
I just finished the floor repairs on my 1950 Jeepster. Since it is a convertible, there will probably come a time when the floor will get rained on. I was thinking about using a bed liner material to coat the floor for durability and protection from the elements. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Chassis Saver is junk, like they all are. I can show you a hundred examples of Chassis Saver failure on my 67 Mustang that has never even left restoration yet. That means sitting only in a garage, rust has surfaced back through things coated with Chassis Saver that were only painted but a few years ago. In fact I'm embarrassed to admit on here I've actually used those products.

Spray your floors with epoxy, then cover with bedliner. SPI makes BOTH. That will be a guaranteed bulletproof combination.

Epoxy is an actual sealant that will seal out all air and water, and is something professionals actually use.

#10 ·
Hey, Have you ever thought about installing some dynamat? I am laying my cab with something similar to that and at this point I’m pretty much 90% done. Feels and sounds quiet in the already!
I’ve heard and seen some great results, not only to decrease street noise and any squeaking but it also keeps your cab cooler in the summer!

opps I was walking about cab interior of course;) not a bed

#12 ·
Your comment about dynamat got me thinking. I did some research and Home Depot sells "Quick Roof" for EXTREMELY WAY LESS cost than dynomat and when you check youtube videos it convinced me. People are using it on their RVs so it has to be strong. I'm going to pick up a roll and test it inside the cab before I install the floor carpet and the headliner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.