Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Floorpan Fab questions
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomotion34
Thanks for the info... here's what I am dealing with. The pics are shots of the frame and the door is open showing the rocker panel and the frame. Not great pics, but I think they'll show you what I am facing. I'd really like to keep the body removable (It's set up with 4 main mounting points that should be accessible with the body/floor in place). I really don't want a lot of rattles... so what do you recommend? This is my first floor (just in case the questions didn't give it away). Thanks!

Looks like a nice ride! Why not do it like Henry did (it looks like a Ford)? Use Webbing, Belting, (I've even heard of people using the underlayment for Roofing) for your Body Mounting on the Frame and build from there. You are right-the black color (although I like it) hides the Flange, but it looks like a solid place to start. I would keep the removable Body, but don't forget to bolt the Floor to the frame also-

I did my first Floor too and it was a bit intimidating-as they say, measure twice and cut once. Use Chipboard or Poster Board to make your patterns (making sure they fit under your Flange), Drill holes in the Flange for your rosette Welds, cut to size, roll some Beads in for strength, and Weld in (using Sheetmetal Screws to hold everything in place while you Weld). I ground my Welds down some (optional), painted it with Epoxy Primer and put on a Seam Sealer-done!

I don't know if they would help, but you can see some shots of my Floor pan install in my Journal-it's Black too (and dusty), but the more ideas the better-good luck!