Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - *****in' Floorpan Install
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:46 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

*****in' Floorpan Install

Hi Guys,

I am about finished up installing my *****in' Products Big Block Firewall in my '35 ford, and in a few weeks will be ready to install the *****in' products Floorboards (Firewall to rear).

Here's the question-I have been reading not only the instructions, but various Magazine Articles related to this install. In a '99 Street Rodder Article, they used an Automotive Adhesive made by SEM to install the Floorpans. It looked great when finished. Most of the Articles I have read talk about "stitching" or rosette Welding the Floorpans to the Body, and I know it should be strong enough, but it appears to me that the Adhesive (claimed to be as strong or stronger than a Weld) used all the way around would be stronger. Also, I would think that the Adhesive may "Seal" better even though you are using a Seam Sealer. Wouldn't there also be a time savings?

If this is true, then how do you prepare the Metal? Just clean and rust free? What about epoxy priming it first? On all of the seams I have been welding (structurally), I have been using Weld Through Primer, and that stuff (IMHO) welds terribly! I have not used this type of Product before-what are the Pro's and Con's?

Thanks,

Craig