Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Floorplan choice
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 11:21 AM

Last journal entry: I HATE BONDO
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nice job on that 53. I couldn't tell from the picture, but did you buy the inner-to-outer cowl panels along with the outer cowl panels? Mine is an midwest farm truck too (41802 original miles).

My floor is rusted out enough that the mounts are displaced (especially on the driver's side). The lower A-pillars look decent as well as the rocker panels. There are a few spots on the bottom of the firewall that are rusted through for the first couple inches. I figured they could just be patched.

Any suggestions on supporting the cab while I try to square the body back out? I'm thinking that if I could get a brace in there between the A-pillars that the driver's door will straighten back out. Right now I have it sitting on a pair of wooden beams to get it up off my trailer enough to open the doors.

I'd rather do the work myself if I can. I'm new at cutting/welding metal but I have a buddy who is going to teach me. My only concern is getting the doors back into their proper place.

Eliminating the stamped inner cowls and floor plan would save over $600. I'm sure it can be done with just some normal sheet metal for less. Anyone have a guess at how much metal that will be?