Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Floorplan choice
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:55 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Also ,before you cut anything you have to make something to hold the cab up .I welded a 1"sq tube connecting the front and rear door openings then one connecting both front pillars and another connecting the rear pillars,essentially making a square ,then I added legs connecting the square to the frame (like a table) that held the car up and in place while I cut out the floor and built the frame for the floor...although my floor is flat steel right now its only drill screwed together and not welded ,it might have to come apart for seat braces or something...later on when everything is completly together I'll take it all apart and use my bead roller to put some beads in it and make it look a little more stock,then I'll weld it up tight...Now, when I went to drop the body I snugged a jack up to it and cut the legs the amount I wanted to drop it then lowered the jack and welded them back in place.here a few pics but you gotta look close at all the bracing I did ...your truck will be a lot easier...but basicly the same...the last pic shows how much dropping the body changed the whole look of the car ,these two cars are both 48 biz coupes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5212 (Small).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	47573   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5213 (Small).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	47574   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5353 (Small).jpg
Views:	48