Florida bars are "gun free zones"! - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2016, 08:00 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Imagine having a pocket knife to defend yourself, when the criminal comes with a machete!!! Same thing with guns! You need a fighting chance.

Advertisement
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 08:03 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine View Post
show me a place where crime went down following gun bans or a mass shooting not in a gun free zone .
the first semi automatic 22 was built in 1914 .
I think Chicago is one of the most popular references. Extreme gun laws to limit the law abiding... and then extreme crime results from the criminals. That is because they know that their law-abiding victims can't fight back!!!
Old 06-15-2016, 10:23 AM

Last photo:

Alcohol and guns don't mix. This shooting happened at around 2 A.M. A lot of drunk patrons, a lot of loud music,,Shots ring out and bullets start started flying. One drunk guy would pull out a pistol and try to figure out where the shots are coming from and shoots another drunk guy doing the same..Then he's shot by another drunk guy mistaking him for the original shooter...And on and on. The death toll would have been even higher.
If they had security checking at the door I'm pretty sure he would have been the first casualty.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:27 AM

Last photo:

BTW..Recent news about this killer seems to be leading in another direction about his motivation to kill.
It's sounding like he couldn't come to terms with his own sexual orientation and his religion.

"Ex-classmate says Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was gay."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2672445
Old 06-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Cars, Trucks, Boats

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynep712 View Post
said he called 911 and said he was doing this to get america to stop bombing his country.
Thought he was supposed to be a natural born "American"... guess a Middle Eastern religion addiction had him thinking he wasn't...

Media says gun was an AR-15... but it was really a Sig Sauer MCX...

Addictions are the BIGGEST THREAT to the USA, UK, Australia, NZ, and our World...

++ THE SIX BIG ADDICTIONS to AVOID like the PLAGUE ++
1. Drug Addiction including alcohol addiction/alcoholics and nicotine addiction/smokers
2. Religion Addiction/Psychosis/religics/theists/Conscienceless Religious Terrorists...
3. Homosexuality Addiction (most homosexics admit they have an addiction)
4. Obesity Addiction/fat
5. Couch Potato/Sloth Addiction
6. Greed Addiction (think EvilBushJr./bigger oil profits)
The Following User Says Thank You to BuzzLOL For This Useful Post:
bubba1955 (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 10:51 AM

Last photo:

Other things I've heard are that his dad... a strong Muslim... bashed gays. He also criticized his son for being gay. He obviously was angry and violent too, as his wife was afraid of him.

It sounds like the kid might have been using his family's Muslim values, and planned the shooting in order to regain his dad's, and other's respect!

If that might be true, it still comes back to the same issue.... Muslim influence. And BTW, the ability to get a gun is NOT limited to legal purchases.

Think about it. There are OVER 300 million guns floating around the country in private hands. Just get a friend to buy one legally... or call your drug dealer... or maybe a local gang member... or find a stolen one... or???

I'm sure if the desire is strong, ANYONE could lay hands on a powerful weapon in a week! Gun laws only protect the criminals!
Old 06-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Cars, Trucks, Boats

Last photo:

Don't need a high powered weapon... .22's deadly out to about 400 yards...

Our local bars supposed to be gun free also, but you wouldn't know it from the 24 shots fired in this security video at the Route 66 Bar around the corner from me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOhKt4DtF7g

Few months later, another 24 shots fired in a local 'gentlemen's club'...

I never say 'gay', just use "depressed people who have succumbed to homosexuality addiction"...
Old 06-15-2016, 07:14 PM
Huge Guns N Roses Fan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonJay View Post
I think Chicago is one of the most popular references. Extreme gun laws to limit the law abiding... and then extreme crime results from the criminals. That is because they know that their law-abiding victims can't fight back!!!
Bingo and glad i don't live in Chicago. Gun laws, gun control, whatever you want to call it is not, for the most part, going to do a damn thing. The old adage is true, 'people kill people.' Most criminals do not walk into the local gun shop to purchase a gun. Most find homey down the street or contact a guy who knows a guy and there's nothing legal in negotiating the purchase. Meanwhile, law abiding citizens are continually penalized on gun rights, gun control, etc. due to the few idiots out there. This country is so twisted that i bet if a burglar broke into my house and my dog bit him while I fired shots off, the cops would probably arrest me as the perp because the burglar was just a 'victim' in the matter. In turn the burglar would file a civil/criminal suit against me and probably win!!! You can't make that stuff up.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Mopar for life!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdobbs77@yahoo.com View Post
This country is so twisted that i bet if a burglar broke into my house and my dog bit him while I fired shots off, the cops would probably arrest me as the perp because the burglar was just a 'victim' in the matter. In turn the burglar would file a civil/criminal suit against me and probably win!!! You can't make that stuff up.
A couple of years ago, us Arizona voters had a law on the ballot where a criminal in the act of a felony CANNOT civilly sue for anything. Needless to say, it passed overwhelmingly. I love Arizona!
Old 06-15-2016, 09:46 PM
Freezing in arctic Iowa

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

That "Gun Free Zone" will not protect you. Gun control will not protect you. It's delusional to think that removing guns from law abiding citizens will do anything to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Even if you do magically remove all the guns from everybody there are other methods to kill, maim and create havoc.

Two people were just arrested the other day not far from here for making and possessing numerous pipe bombs. Maybe they had a purpose other than mayhem and destruction in mind, I don't know. They could have been blowing up stumps on their property. My Grandpa was injured before my Mother was born making a pipe bomb when it blew up unexpectedly. He was blowing up stumps on the farm. They might have had destruction in mind, I don't know. Two People Arrested After Several Explosives Found at Madrid Residence Things like this are easy to make using readily available ingredients.

Somebody intent on causing this kind of destruction will find a way. I believe it's fueled by publicity and all the media attention these nuts get only fan the flames. The next morning all we could get on the local morning TV news was coverage of this shooting over and over and over. Iowa is a long way from Florida. Don't take this the wrong way but I believe that if the media would quit all the sensationalism of this type of unfortunate event then that would take a lot of these nuts motivation away from them. I believe that the media should share in the blame of these events.

I do feel so sorry for all the dead and injured. I wish a few of them would have disobeyed that gun free zone thing and given them all a fighting chance.

I've known people that carried a gun on them all their lives, never shot a thing with those guns but a few rats and other varmints but they were prepared in the event that they happened to be at the mercy of some unfortunate event and I always felt safer to be around them. They were not law enforcement, just common everyday people.

I read that the singer was shot in another one of those "Gun Free Zones". The only people that will not carry guns into one of those zones are the law abiding ones, the criminals like those zones. UPDATED: MASS PUBLIC SHOOTING IN FLORIDA OCCURRED IN ANOTHER GUN-FREE ZONE: 49 DEAD IN A SHOOTING AT AN ORLANDO NIGHTCLUB
Old 06-16-2016, 08:42 AM
Cars, Trucks, Boats

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2 View Post
It's delusional to think that removing guns from law abiding citizens will do anything to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Even if you do magically remove all the guns from everybody there are other methods to kill, maim and create havoc. . I believe it's fueled by publicity and all the media attention these nuts get only fan the flames.
True, it's never 'gun violence', it's always ADDICTIONS VIOLENCE !!!

Mass murdering is fueled by religions! ALL religions ORDER their customers to kill as many people as possible:

Footnoted small sample of Judeo/Christian Religious Terrorism orders for Murdering of innocent people:

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be STONED TO DEATH by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be PUT TO DEATH. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, KILL them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and KILL ALL of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

KILL anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

KILL all men, women, children, and, even, babies already of the 20 nations/50 belief systems/religions of the Promised Land when moving into it. (Deuteronomy)

Imaginary Jesus of gospel stories said his followers must obey the Torah/Old Testament (N.T. not invented yet)
Old 06-16-2016, 08:51 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

isis and it's followers should be eradicated from the earth once and for all. they did this same crap before and will do it again unless destroyed. kill every single one of them who utters loyalty to isis .
Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Cars, Trucks, Boats

Last photo:

ALL religions should be eradicated... leave the people...
The Following User Says Thank You to BuzzLOL For This Useful Post:
evolvo (06-17-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

you are one offensive troll .
Old 06-16-2016, 09:25 AM

Last photo:

And lets not forget to ban governments who take guns away!

......like the Nazis.....

......and the Communists! }:-)

(What did you think I meant?)

Face it. There will always be problems to contend with, as long as people are part of it.
There will never be a perfect paradise, no matter what Liberals tell you.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.