Hot Rod Forum banner

FLOWMASTER's??????

14K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  pittbull7934 
#1 ·
I just purchased an exhaust system for my car, and paid for flowmaters. I crawled under the car and did not see the stamped flowmasters logo that has been on the other sets of flowmasters I have owned in the past.

Do all flowmasters have their name stamped on them? I could not feel the stamp on the top side of the muffler either.

I want to know for sure before I make accusations of the guy who installed my mufflers.

#27 ·
Pitbull, Rick's R.V. shop on east main in Elcajon has treated me well over the years and is going to install an exaust system on my 69 C10 here real soon. He has a mandrel bender so the system comes out real nice and he is an accomplished hot rodder that has done work for Boyd before he died.

#29 ·
pittbull7934 said:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/index.php?page=60

Above is the link to flowmaster's site.

Well a phone call from the flowmaster tech to the exhaust guy "educated" him on the fact that if it does not say flowmaster, it is in fact not a flowmaster.

He prompty called me and told me that his distributor told him they were flowmaster's and that he called the distributor and they swore up and down they were flowmaster's

With that said, we made an appointment for him to put the proper mufflers on next week (he has to order them, and I am assuming from a different distibutor).

I am glad I did not have to make any threats of any kind and it appears it is going to be handled in a positive way.

Thanks for the help,

Dustin
Wouldn't a Flowmaster come in a Flowmaster box?

#32 ·
carsavvycook said:
I got to see his project car today, and it is a beauty, very nicely done. I hope he can post some pictures of it, for you all to see. Beware, the pictures may not do it justice.

After a few quick tune-up adjustments, it sounded as awsome as it looks. Very close to his power expectations, and I have a couple more thoughts on how to harness more power out of it.

Stephen
Thanks your help , really helped!

I hope to have pics and video up soon!

#33 ·
6426yy said:
Yeah it's my suppliers fault. BS that's scab work plain and simple. All the shops around hear are the same way. I try to do EVERYTHING myself, now I know how to rebuild trannys and rearends.

Just for a reference my buddies dad has a newer dodge caravan with 42,000 miles on it. While it was still under warranty the dealership told him the reverse pump was out of it and needed a complete overhaul. (He lost reverse only). What a bunch of **** a quick peak underneath and you could tell the trans was not pulled. And the insurance companies know no better.

Yea, trust me if I had the time to learn, I would do everything myself, I also live in an apt with no place to work on my car, so I do it at my friends mom's, needless to say I do not want to wear out my welcome.

#34 ·
Barn Owl said:
Pitbull, Rick's R.V. shop on east main in Elcajon has treated me well over the years and is going to install an exaust system on my 69 C10 here real soon. He has a mandrel bender so the system comes out real nice and he is an accomplished hot rodder that has done work for Boyd before he died.

As of right now the guy is supposed to take care of me and put the right mufflers in, however thank you! I will keep rick's in mind for future problems and cars that need exhaust.

#37 ·
Rick is an old hot rodder (well older than me) and used to love to do exhaust systems, during the cedar fire his pride and joy went up in flames along with his passion for a while, he had to let some of his crew go as a result. Last time I was down there he said he was ready to start getting back in the game. Slowly but ready. He really is good at his craft and he is a great guy.

#38 ·
carsavvycook said:
I did not know Rick's RV did exhaust work. Thanks for the information. :thumbup:

I have lived, and worked in the East County (El Cajon, and Lakeside) since 1975, is it possible we might know each other?
Well I went to Cajon valley Jr high and Grossmont High school, I am about 11 years behind you so it is possible, My dad was a Prowler and has close ties to the club. we might have walked by each other at a picnic :)

#39 ·
Barn Owl said:
Well I went to Cajon valley Jr high and Grossmont High school, I am about 11 years behind you so it is possible, My dad was a Prowler and has close ties to the club. we might have walked by each other at a picnic :)
I doubt it, but it would be nice to formally meet you some day. :thumbup:

I will try to refer some work to Rick in the near future. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.