Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Flowtech header questions!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Flowtech header questions!

i have flowtech shorty headers for my small block. The headers are cheap and i do understand why they are not top quality, but its all my budget could swing. The o-ring port seals however were not even square with the flange, therefore would leak. I got my 90 degree die grinder out and thinned the "o-rings" down, but still left some meat on them due to the fact that is where the tubing is welded at. i have not currently fired the motor yet i am still in the process of rebuilding the carb and trying to sh** 200 bucks for a radiator. i currently have the gaskets provided with the headers on it but i am sure that something will occur and i will have to pull the headers back loose. If i don't have to and they don't leak, then why fix something that isn't broke, but if i have to pull them i have heard some guys using the stock manifold gaskets, since there aluminum and fairly soft. would this be a decent idea to try? also has anyone ever had to do this to the o-ring seals on there headers, and if you have how well did it go?