Hot Rod Forum banner

Fluorescent light bulb cleaner

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  4 Jaw Chuck 
#1 · (Edited)
there has just got to be a easier way to save a lightbulb than thinner and a wire brush.. I know bulbs are cheap but when a lot of them they get dirty before their time it pays to save them. I dreaded the thinner bucket and headache let alone time it took
so imagination kicked in.
An old floor buff machine motor is mounted upside down on a stand. A light bulb gets fitted to a rubber collar and is turned like a lath. A razor blade wisks of the overspray in no time saving a lightbulb to shine another day..

check the tube :thumbup: --> An old floor buff machine motor is mounted upside down on a stand. A light bulb gets fitted to a rubber collar and is turned like a lath. A razor blade wisks of the overspray in no time saving a lightbulb to shine another day..
Makes this old chore way easier than a brush and thinner.
When you have a lot of bulbs to clean it makes a difference

http://youtu.be/I3eYHJmyjJY

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
this might be a stupid idea but could a guy wrap the bulbs with some plastic wrap intended for microwave cooking? glad wrap, something like that? Wrap them tightly, they are intended for higher heat for covering casseroles, Maybe? Try one, I'd be interested. :D

#6 ·
yes the plastic wrap works, I used it but got lazy and pulled the plastic for a session saying to myself don't forget to recover them and missed a change and eventually back to where it started with bare dirty bulbs..

**Agree the gloves are to be from now on.. thinking just one visit to the emergency room would kill any savings..point taken thanks S10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.