Hot Rod Forum banner

FLYWHEEL question: t-5 (V8) and 4.3L 5 spd flywheel

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wlabrum 
#1 ·
ive done many posts on this same topic to just make sure this will work before i go ahead and buy the trans.

i got an 89 s10 w/ 4.3L and its mounted to an older turbo 350 with shift kit that was out of a camaro, i think 1981 or so, so i have the proper balanced flywheel etc..

I managed to find a t-5 tranny out of an 86 iroc. It comes with trans, bellhousing, new (v8 style) turned flywheel, parts tranny, tranny yolks and brand new clutch. I want to swap this into my s10 with the 4.3 and i know i need a new 4.3L 5 spd flywheel for proper balancing to the motor.

I was wondering if the 5 spd flywheel and the 4,3L 5 spd flywheel are the same (other than the balancing part). Will everything that the t-5 came with work with the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel? I heard there may be different bolt patterns on the 4.3L 5spd flywheel but some people were unsure if they had more than one bolt pattern. Will the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel work as a replacement for the v8 style flywheel and i will be able to bolt that trans and clutch directly to the 4.3 and haveeverything work properly? Also, the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel should bolt right up to my 4.3L right? its a 1989 vortec 4.3.

I need as much info on this as possible. i want to do this swap soon. Really need to know if the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel is gonna work with the t5 and everything the T-5 came with.

Thanks alot :thumbup:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.