Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - FoMoCo FMX
Thread: FoMoCo FMX
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i give up! i cant seem to come up with a simple solution for a floor shifter in the truck i tried building one,i tried adapting my hurst vmatic II..which i traded for a B&M..that didnt work the way i wanted...so i tried adapting a couple of factory floor shifters from a pinto,torino and another cougar.I QUIT!! right now im using a 'hillbilly shifter' basically a metal rod sticking up thru the trans hump connected to the trans.I ordered a shifter from 'Lokar' its a shifter designed specifically for the FMX.I needed my truck for work,its been down all spring,summer and now its fall.I had to stop clowning around and get the thing on the road.I was trying to avoid my usual 'rush,rush,hurry hurry hurry get it done...fix the mistakes later' approach.Anyways the only thing that didnt get done the way i wanted was the shifter and the wiring harness could have come out a bit better,But overall im happier with the way the truck came out compared to other vehicles i built.A few cosmetic things still need to be adressed but i like the truck!